In Memory of George H. Harrison (1923-2013)
George H. Harrison was the last surviving founding member of Daniel, Harrison & Woodward. In 1951, Mr. Harrison began his practice in Bradenton where his father, W.T. Harrison, served as Circuit Judge for 36 years. Mr. Harrison joined William J. Daniel and Walter W. Woodward to create the firm of Daniel, Harrison & Woodward in 1981. Daniel, Harrison & Woodward subsequently became Harrison & Kirkland, P.A.
Shortly before his passing in 2013, Mr. Harrison was honored by the Gulf Coast Legal Aid Society as a “Legend of the Bar” for Manatee and Sarasota Counties. This recognition followed the same honor by the Manatee County Bar Association in 2004.
Mr. Harrison represented individuals and businesses in Manatee County throughout his career. Mr. Harrison served as President of the Manatee County Bar Association from 1963 to 1964. He also served as Manatee County attorney from 1955 to 1961. He was involved in various civic organizations, served on the board of directors of several banks and was active in his church. He attended the University of Florida undergraduate and Law School, and was Research Editor at the University of Florida Law Review in 1949 and 1952.